Friday, January 6, 2012

Labels

How we define ourselves to others. It is really difficult. I have struggled with this. I have intermingled belief systems that are woven together and may not make sense to others, but they give me great comfort and a sense that I am taking what I need and moving along the trail. It is ever growing and expanding, and for that I am so grateful. I understand many of us need the labels, to define ourselves, and a quick way to introduce yourself to someone, a one word summing up perhaps. Christian,Buddhist, Pagan, etc.... i dont like that box, at all. While I do want to make connections, I want them to be real, I want them to unravel into a getting to know process. I strive to be Christ Like, in my Christ Self, I have a Buddhist philosophy, I find a need for ritual and ceremony to honor my love and devotion to our Earth Mother. I dont want to be called a Pagan, The W word, Christian or Buddhist. Just a seeker with eyes, heart and arms wide open. I dont need a label, just a knowing, an understanding, and ultimate awareness. The path is beautiful, and the flowers of knowledge are many, I refuse to label myself... I dont want to pick just one. I need the whole bouquet, it is the reason I really respond to the quote I posted in December under "Inspiration"

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” The Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment