Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Animal Totems

I have a fledgling company...it formed out of a passion,one that took me so long to find, and I truly feel that this is part of my magic, I make natural handmade soaps and other body products. It is a healing, process... I have to invision my goal, every aspect of the soap. The soap....that is imbued with my love, light, and respect. The color,texture,scent,shape,and the magic of blending spices, herbs, plant essence,and the natural chemical reaction of saponification that turns oil and lye into soap.

It truly satisfies me the whole process and the pride in the finished product. When I am selling my soap or giving it away, I describe what I put into it, I get flushed and excited, and they can see the passion. It is my art, my outlet.

When I came up with a name for my little company I immediately (out of seemingly nowhere) came up with the name of Crow & Sparrow. I realize now more than ever that there are really no accidents. That I subconciously new the symbolism, the duality. I never researched beforehand to determine what Crow or Sparrow medicine represented. When someone ask me how I came up with the name, I respond to them that Crow is a messenger of change, and that change for me was acting on my passion, acting on a desire, the Sparrow for me represented the keeper of the family, the constant, as it was my desire for this to be a bonding experience for me and my family, my mother, my husband, and my grown daughters, and it has been.

I have course since learned that this was no accident... As I now know that the Crow Medicine assures that magic is near by and you are about to experience a change in consciousness. Crow can give you the courage to enter the darkness of the void, which is the home of all that is not yet in form. My Love and I both experience this, he more than I. Crow appears to him in times of distress. when he wants to move forward but emotionally feels trapped, it seems to appear to him at those moments and forward, onward, to healing... The Sparrow teaches that you have self-worth which i always a struggle with, but the healing has begun, and I see that my choice for the name of my company was no accident, but rather that small still voice, that I heard in a quiet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment