Friday, December 14, 2012

The Thing I Seek

My journey over my lifetime, and especially this year has been at times too slow, too fast, too painful, joyous, heartbreaking, affirming, fleeting, and at the same time just right at all times. The more I traverse, these hills and valleys the more I realize they are such a necessary part of the plan. I have admonished myself for comparing my journey to others, I know this is fruitless, but it falls back to an insecurity, of believing that I am taking too long to reach the awareness I seek. I am learning to trust myself deeply, to know that I am where I am supposed to be, and each of our journey's are sacred and individual even if that differs drastically from my perception. I am starting to see that I truly already possess that thing I seek, that awareness, that must be slowly uncovered like a treasure. I will stumble, I will fall, I will doubt, but I will not stop digging, and I will always get back up. I will continue to seek connection with kindreds, and know that I am whole, and enough. That my truth and answers are ancient and sacred and waiting to be uncovered, which allows me to enjoy connection and learn in a light way of being that i can travel this path, and admire the fruit, and appreciate its offering. That its okay to seek a lamp light occasionally, and be gentle with myself, and hopefully be a lamp light and safe place for someone else's journey.    



I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and you laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.”
― Clarissa Pinkola Estés Women who run with Wolves. Wild Woman Archetype

No comments:

Post a Comment