Saturday, March 23, 2013

Self Care

I have really committed myself to my spiritual journey, and now more so my physical journey.  Being gentle with myself over the last few months has truly made me value myself so much more. Wanting more for this body, wanting to move forward and do the things I want to accomplish with strength, resolve, and stamina. I have banished my bad carb addiction, as well as my processed sugar addiction. Getting rid of my wheat belly from gluten.

This is work but I am worth it.

Self care these days, include healthy eating that fit into my needs and lifestyle. Good carbs, fruits, massive amounts of veggies and lean meats.

Saying no, pulling into center when others attempt to disrupt my energy and balance in a negative way.

Some of the things I am loving right now for a healthy me.

Breakfast, the good old green smoothie of course, but lately summer oatmeal, OMG! have you tried this.

Oatmeal in a refreshing way. You may actually prepare in small mason jars and they keep in the fridge for up to (5) days with the exception of banana. You put it in the fridge before bed and this next morning, eat it cold or put it in the microwave

Uncooked Old Fashioned Oats, Almond Milk (any milk will do) , and the add ins you choose, fruits, nuts, coconut, cinnamon. The combos are endless.

My 2 faves right now.

Oats, almond milk, raisins, slivered almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, and a half teaspoon of coconut sugar.

Next:  Oats, almond milk, banana, coconut, almond slivers, and raw organic cocoa, again a little coconut sugar.

These are wonderful for breakfast, and healthy. They run between 220 and 250 calories depending on your add ins, for a cup.

I will try peanut butter, banana and cocoa soon. I am addicted to these, and they help me get my grains in.

Copious amounts of green tea, and oolong tea, comfort and joy, oh my!

This physical journey has more do with health, and energy, but I wont lie, the weight loss is very important to me as well, and I have been very pleased.

...and learning that if I honor my body, it will honor me, just as my spirit is honored by my life lesson, and rituals.

How does self care look for you right now? I would love to hear what you are doing to honor your body.

1 comment:

  1. just read this post..thz!! EXCELLENT! You always have some nugget of truth and encouragement...

    ReplyDelete